Voice Search Is Going To Change Your SEO Game | Online Community for Entrepreneurs

Voice Search Is Going To Change Your SEO Game

Discussion for Voice Search Is Going To Change Your SEO Game
You all may remember the time when tech-giant Apple launched Siri – its digital voice assistant, way back in 2011. Many of us used to play around with it, asking her some random questions like “Make me a sandwich” and receiving the hilarious answers, “I can’t. I have no condiments”.

We are living in an exceptionally exciting time for technology. Things that were considered science fiction are being used in our daily routines. And while we have been noticing advancements over and over in the last couple of decades, the future is definitely going to blow our minds. Thanks to Voice Search!
The thing is, you don’t need to always type your query into the search box of Google or Bing to get your answers. Simply ask a question, for example, “what’s the weather tomorrow?” or “grocery shop nearby,” and your search engine will provide you an answer. Voice search isn’t a short-lived fad. Its popularity is growing among searchers of all ages and devices which is changing the way people look for answers online. The SEO industry should be prepared for this paradigm shift that is in the making.

The rapid growth of voice search can be owed to a number of reasons. It’s fast and convenient. Searches can be performed on-the-go. With promising advancements in voice recognition technology, natural language understanding and text to speech synthesis, digital voice assistants like Google’s Assistant, Apple’s Siri, Amazon’s Alexa, and Microsoft’s Cortana are becoming more and more reliable and accessible for voice-based searches.

As predicted by Gartner, “About 30% of searches will be done without a screen by 2020”. This means, text-based searches will become less popular, and it will become more important to adjust to this user behavior shift. Some smart marketers have taken notice and started working on SEO strategies specific to voice search.

Read More Here