Every blerrp® contributor must have a complete author profile, including:
- A complete bio with only one link to his or her company (only brand name anchor text is allowed).
- At a minimum, two of the following social profiles must be displayed: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat or LinkedIn.
- A color professional headshot. We do not allow company logos, cartoons, etc. We use Gravatar. If you are not registered there you can set up an account HERE.
All content needs to be a minimum of 900 words. We always love more in-depth articles with a lot of data and information. Consider 900 words the minimum, with submissions in the 1,200 – 3,000 word range our absolute favorites.
Links have to be relevant to the content. Links should not be self-promotional. Any self-promotional links can be removed (and most likely will be). We do not allow affiliate links under any circumstance.
All submissions need to be formatted correctly. They must be easy to read. Short paragraphs, proper headings, numbers, bullets, etc. Some examples:
- H1 and H2 tags.
- Sub-headings in H3 and H4 tags, if required.
- Bulleted or numbered lists if required.
- Always write out numbers one-ten.
- Numbers 11 and up can be written as digits.
- Percentages are written as digits.
- Capitalize first letter of words longer than 3 letters in all titles and headlines.
- Use 3-6 WordPress tags on the right-hand sidebar per post (no longer than 3 words per tag, example: “Small business tips” but not something like “best small business tips to help your growth”)
- We will select a “Featured Image” for each post. If you use any images within the post follow these guidelines:
- Center all images if they are on their own line (not aligned with text) and a maximum of 640px wide.
- All images must be either creative commons licensed or have the creator’s permission for use. Our favorite free image sources are Flickr, Pixabay, Unsplash and Stocksnap.
- Screenshots require attribution: Screenshot taken xx/xx/xxxx of www.website.com, with the x’s being the date.
- All images must have attribution either immediately below the image, in the caption of the image. The featured image attribution should be the end of the post. All image attribution text should be the smallest available — ‘H6’ (If you have any questions just look at any published post on the blog)
- Each post must have the “Featured Image” option selected: We will handle this internally.
- All images must have alt tags.
Edit Requests Turnaround Time
- Contributors must complete requested reviews or edits by the editorial team in a timely manner of 24-48 hours.
- Posts that aren’t edited after this timeline can be pushed back.
Editorial Review & Corrections
- blerrp® has the right to reject submissions.
- blerrp® reserves the right to edit any post at any time for any reason.
- Content submitted to the blerrp® blog cannot be published anywhere else online, before submitting or after being published on the blerrp® blog. Posts will be deleted and contributor privileges terminated if content is published elsewhere.
- Once your post is published, please be an active participant and respond to comments. Readers enjoy interacting with the author even if it is just a quick and simple reply to a question.
- When you receive notification via email that your post is live please share it across your social media networks and send it to your email list. Post it to your Facebook and Twitter profiles. This is a great way to develop a strong following.
Ready to Get Started?
Click HERE to complete our contributor application.